Sunday, May 6, 2007

Breathless























There are a million little details that made the day tremendous. It wasn't about being the center of attention. It was about being surrounded by support, and joy. And having those qualities made tangable for a moment. My cousin did the flowers. I inherited the necklace, and the morning of the wedding it was given to me. (So I had my grandmother close.) I borrowed the earings. My trusted Aunt helped me glue up my hair. My uncle spoke. Friends gathered, and dressed up, and got themselves organized. And 144 eyes and 72 hearts watched as we promised. It is so simple. And yet, it is so extraordinary.
I am breathless.
I am effervecently happy.

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Congradulations! you look gorgeous! and what a beautiful view!!! I'm sooo glad you were surrounded by supportive loved ones- thats what big days are all about!

Risa said...

Congratulations! You look so beautiful. I'm glad you had the perfect day! Can't wait to see more pictures :)

Marisol said...

Congratulations Susie! You look gorgeous!!!! And what a wonderful weekend it was for such a lovely wedding.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! You look gorgeous!!It sounds like you had a wonderful day surrounded by those you love!

RoxanneZYG said...

Congratulations! What a fabulous day it looks like you had! You are glowing too...very nice!

me myself and i said...

congrats... heres to many years of married bliss!!!

kat said...

you already know what i think! congrats! hey nice pic, good photographer there ;)

Erica said...

Oh, congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful day.

Welcome to the world's best roller coaster ride, aka marriage! ;->

brandilion said...

Isn't it an amazing feeling to have all your loved ones not only around you but so open in their pride and love for you. I'm so glad you had such a special day.

wrchili said...

Congradulations! I'm glad everything turned out so well, and I hope you have a happy future together!