Monday, February 25, 2008

Fair Isle Fun



I have been working on a little fair Isle hat.
I did the sweater many years ago, and thought it was charming. This was one of Dale of Norway's most popular patterns ever. The book went out of print. They just republished it in a collection of "all time best sellers" And they changed the colorway. (I am not as fond of the turquoise. But you be the judge.) I thought I would work up a hat for the shop.
I used the Yarn Guide for the first time. I liked it, but it did mess with my tension a little bit. Because there is plastic over your finger you can't just gauge by feel how tight your yarn is. It was an interesting exercise.


It is every bit at charming as I remember the sweater. Dear.

2 comments:

Marisol said...

I saw this cute little hat in person about a week ago when I visited the shop. Its adorable! Great detail in the little lady bugs:)

Alexa said...

Susi! It's been a month. I want to know what you're up to in craftyland. =)