Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finale!

Project Project Runway: the Finale

Just like the contestants who are up in the wee hours getting their collections together - we were up this morning before dawn. (Collecting our wits about us, and feeding a hungry kid. I actually had to wait for the sun to come up to photograph the final look!)

Here it is.
Red Carpet moment
The dress itself. Its a strapless silk dress, cut on the bias.
IMG_3431
It has enough weight to hold itself out in the back, without being a mermaid or a bustle.
On the top, is an embroidered organza coat
IMG_3419
It has body, and stands on it's own.
embroidery detail
And true to my aesthetic, I kept to my floral motif, without going "cray-cray"

Sheer over coat
I'm really pleased with my look. I think it is red-carpet-worthy. I cannot wait to see what the judges think.
Kat went full on and put a mini collection on the runway. Her looks are beautiful. Micheal Kors said she showed real range. ! She has ready-to-wear looks as well as elegant looks that would be worthy of fashion week. Heidi said she wants to wear this one.

What fun we have had! 13 weeks of sewing for Barbie!
What will our next challenge be?
And more importantly, who will join us?!

7 comments:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

love it! and that you and Kat have been doing this. I am nutt for PR this seaon but since we got rid of cable at the house I have to watch it on Fridays on line... can hardly wait to see the show. (I am rooting for Mondo)

kat said...

Wonderful work! You look is so much more hight end than mine & those colors so make me think of you! Great work all season!

Debbie Barr said...

I don't think I've commented on your blog before, but I've been following you and Kat since the second challenge! I've loved this whole idea, and you did such a great job! This outfit was beautiful. :)

Kate Skogen said...

yes!!! love it!

Lisa Paul said...

Next season you need to step it up and use Amelia as your model/muse.

Bonnie said...

A beautiful coat and dress! I have loved Runway Barbie all season! I hope you do it again!

Lori said...

Very neat. I love the look. So light and stylish.