Saturday, August 14, 2010

The first quilt is done!


The quilt is done.
Astounding.
I did not want to take on a new sport, and put it down in the ‘stash’ pile. Mission Accomplished.

I would change a few things. I will do a few things differently next time. But over-all, I am tickled pink.

The one lesson I will pass on is this: pick a backing piece that does not have an evident geometric pattern. A design is fine, but no actual lines or squares or rows.
The print does not get laid down squarely on the material. And my quilt was not ‘square’ either. (and, while the boards in the floor of our house appear to be straight, and at right angles, they are not)

I had been warned that I would hit parts of the process that I did not like. I was prepared. But I have to say I thought it was fun. I also thought this would take YEARS to finish. But I spent really precious little time on it (because that is all I have.) and I finished in about a month. (So that is a month of naps, and a few night times after bed )

I loved doing this. There will be another one in our future.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

kat said...

truly fabulous! There is going to be a happy little girl in England

Samantha said...

OH SUSI!!! It's so amazing!!! I love it!!!