It all started with this fabric.
And, of course, a t-shirt in a color that I would like.
Here is the detailed recipe:
I modified the shirt a little bit first, by making it more of a scoop neck.
I added a little home made seam tape around the neck to finish the edge off. (note here, bias tape would have been much easier. It would have gone around the curve, and laid flat more gracefully. But I did not have enough fabric to do a bias tape. And, I did not want to cut across the little campers, I wanted a 'line'. All wheels or all roofs, I didn't mind, as long as there was a line.)
I used an iron-on interfacing for the actual transfer.
And then cut the campers out.
I ironed them onto the shirt, and then did a zig zag stitch around the edges.
I wanted to keep it a little 'rustic' so I did not do a super fine satin stitch.
I am pleased with the look in the end.
I think it will be a great shirt for the summer toddler chasing.